Sunday, November 11, 2007

US Is Forging Evidence to Incriminate Iran

This is not surprising to anyone who reads this blog. In fact the all-lies modi operandi of Washington does not seem to be shaming anyone into any action anymore!

I am sure Bush and Cheney are wearing their disgusting grin seeing how FAR they are getting with their deceptive rule!

This just out in the Observer:

Iraqi fighters 'grilled for evidence on Iran'

US military officials are putting huge pressure on interrogators who question Iraqi insurgents to find incriminating evidence pointing to Iran, it was claimed last night.

Micah Brose, a privately contracted interrogator working for American forces in Iraq, near the Iranian border, told The Observer that information on Iran is 'gold'. The claim comes after Washington imposed sanctions on Iran last month, citing both its nuclear ambitions and its Revolutionary Guards' alleged support of Shia insurgents in Iraq. Last week the US military freed nine Iranians held in Iraq, including two it had accused of links to the Revolutionary Guards' Qods Force.

Brose, 30, who extracts information from detainees in Iraq, said: 'They push a lot for us to establish a link with Iran. They have pre-categories for us to go through, and by the sheer volume of categories there's clearly a lot more for Iran than there is for other stuff. Of all the recent requests I've had, I'd say 60 to 70 per cent are about Iran.

'It feels a lot like, if you get something and Iran's not involved, it's a let down.' He added: 'I've had people say to me, "They're really pushing the Iran thing. It's like, shit, you know." '

Brose said that reports about Washington's increasingly hawkish stance towards Tehran, including possible military action, chimed with his experience. 'My impression is they're just trying to get every little bit of ammunition possible. If we get something here it fits the overall picture. The engine needs impetus and they're looking for us to find the fuel - a particular type of fuel.

'It now really depends on who gets elected President in the US. If nothing changes in the current course, I'd say military action is inevitable. But we have to hope there will be a change of course.'

He denied ever being asked to fabricate evidence, adding: 'We're not asked to manufacture information, we're asked to find it. But if a detainee wants to tell me what I want to hear so he can get out of jail... you know what I'm saying.'

Other military intelligence officials in Iraq refused to comment, but one said: 'The message is, "Got to find a link with Iran, got to find a link with Iran." It's sickening.'

9 comments:

jmsjoin said...

Naj
Bush has been forging evidence so he can attack Iran for quite a while now as you know.
In light of past conversations please give me your thoughts on this. Iaranian minister says gays deserve torture and death No wonder Ahmadinejad dodged the question and said there aren't any in Iran!

Naj said...

Dear Jim,

That you bring your evidence for malice of Iran from Fox news is surprising.

Since when is Fox news teh best provider of contextualized information?

I guess Fox is an integral part of the American culture though. At least in Iran, we do not quote our media's anti-western propaganda as proof of reality!

This same Fox network, is calling for funding of "car bombs" in Tehran!

Now, I am no defender of capital punishment. I do not think men, women, wild animals, mad criminals have to be executed.

The only people whose death I will not mourne are cancerous evil humans like Dick Cheney! But even he, has to be let rot in jail.

In America, you execute killers and murders, don't you? I saw a disturbing documentary on 60 minutes, about an insane man on death row. Because American law does not permit execution of insane humans, they were giving him psychotherapic drugs to make him "meet his death sanely"!

How is this different that some absurd law in some other part of the world deciding that a woman pregnant with her brother's child will be a walking dead for the rest of her life, and putting an end to her misery?

Now about the execution of the underaged boys. Again, execution is a barbaric act, regardless when/where. However, there were three boys involved in that business, the two who got death penalty were engaged in raping a third boy. The third boy is not hanged! In your country you prosecute killers and rapists, Iran has its own set of laws to establish order in the society.

The tougher laws in Iran are perhaps why we do not have instances of school shooting and gang banging to the extent that you have in America.

In Iran, there is a strong activist lobby that is working tirelessly to abolish death penalty, ALL TOGETHER. This lobby is taking advantage of the media attention given to isolated cases of execution in Iran and is putting the heat on the government to, under the scrutinizing watch of the world, change the laws.

This group is however progressive. A lot of people are still bound by their religious beliefs. And those people have no issue with death penalty for crimes that are deemed huge risk to society's health and order.

Your pope for example, has not quite modernized the christian laws regarding birth control, has he?

What you prove to me, in spite of all your hatred for Bush, Jim, is that you too buy teh simple line of your master's propaganda. I wish Americans started to see beyond the bubble of their so called values, and start to respect the world.

jmsjoin said...

Hi naj
I do not watch fox news because they are right wing propogandists. I picked that story fromm google news when I was going through it.
I believe nothing from Fox. knowing our conversations and what Ahmadinejad said I asked you for your thoughts on that. I did not say anything about believing it.
I know you can not believe Politicians of any country as their interested in furthering their own cause.
I happened to have seen that article on the guy on death row and found it abhorrant. I have written many times about death row and the killing of innocents and the criminality of it all. What do you do? I am very honest and raised my sons to be honest to a fault. Tell the truth whether it is in your interest or not .

Naj said...

Hi Jim,

Politicians do all they can to advance their causes, their cause always has some platform of support, economic or educational.

The way you (and the western media) raise the question about the gay rights and etc seems to stem from a form of "moral/cultural authority" you/your government feel.

I have issue with that. You see, your country permits itself to go BOMB say Al-Quaeda, because they oppose American way of life.

but if a judge kills a man becase he considers him an opponent of islamic way of life, he is a bigger evil?

It is not about honesty, it is not about principles, it is about the grounding of the principles.

To ask the president of an Islamic republic about gay's right is a DESIGNED plot to highlight the premise of "clash of civilizations".

It's the objective of the questioning that is questionable. It is the motivation of the question that is dishonest.

Naj said...

"tell the truth whether you like it or not"

Telling the "fact" is one thing.
Projecting a form of "moral" judgement on a fact and considering it TRUTH is another!

You can talk about facts!

But don't assume yourself superior for holding any "truth". Truth is a non-existent entity!

G.Gar said...

Dear Naj,

Sorry to interrupt the interesting conversation between you and our dear friend Jim. But I find that your reply to him is totally out of context. For it seems that you are projecting relativistic post modern far fetched meta theories onto a level of the system that is not to be handled using such meta interpretation of fragmentation that characterises the post modern condition.

Moving along the lines of your argument, then if my boss asks me whrether I cracked the energy management system or not, I would simply reply by saying no, though I know very well that I did since truth doesnt exist. I would, then make it up to my wonded consciense by lying to myself that it was organization culture that foeced to to be careless!!!!!

Also Naj, in order to make yourself consitent you have neither the authority nor the abilty to judge the motives of another sybject.

Hope you are tolerant enough to with my comments. Leaving alone the fact that you are Persian and I am an Arab, we are both human beings after all. So I would be interested to learen more about yourself in the context of your Iraniansim.

Kind regards

Amre

Naj said...

Wow, you are pleasant when your medication works ;)

And I see you have been learning about postmodernism!

Excellent!

Now go learn about difference between FACT and truth!

As an environment engineer, you shouldn't crack up the energy system!

G.Gar said...

Dear Naj,

I have only learned about it from your blog. Besides, it is you that is confusing truth with with peer reviewd fact. Because that is how you denied an ostensible fact on the grounds that its being a metaphysical truth.

I didn't crack up the energy sytem! That was a hypothetical, you should have figured out from the context, since you are an expert on the motivations of people as far as Iran is concerned.

Trust me I dont hate. I simply hate the Iranian interventionism in Iraq the heart of Arabism and th capital of the Arab civilsation. I would definetly regard Iran with positive indifference once it has gone out of the Arab world

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ive noticed the sudden concern for the welfare of Iranian minorities from the western media these days...I wonder, what does Fox "News" say about this?


http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7096814.stm


A.N. Iraqi