Wednesday, July 9, 2008

URGENT ACTION ALERT

URGENT ACTION ALERT--Today: National Call-in Day on Iran Blockade Resolution
Today, July 9 is a national call-in day for H.Con.Res 362, the naval blockade resolution.

H.Con.Res.362 has over 220 cosponsors; is yours one?

Call your member of Congress today and ask him or her not to support this act of war!

Congress is considering this bill at this very moment; now is the time to act to oppose this plan for war. Groups from all over the country are joining together for a national call-in day on H.Con.Res. 362.

This resolution demands that the president initiate an international effort to impose a land, sea, and air blockade on Iran to stop shipments of gasoline, and to subject all cargo entering or leaving Iran to stringent inspection requirements.

Call your representative and ask him or her to oppose the blockade resolution!

Imposing a blockade without United Nations authorization (which the resolution does not call for) would be considered an act of war. Though a vote on this bill has been successfully delayed so far, some Congressional sources say the House could vote on it as early as next week. They need to hear from you before the vote.

Adoption of this resolution would pave the way for war and bypass diplomacy. The immediate effect would be a further increase in oil prices - with gas prices in the US inching closer to $7/gallon and beyond.

Tell your member of Congress to oppose H CON RES 362 and join thousands of Americans in the rising chorus of concern over this dangerous legislation.

If your Representative is a co-sponsor: ask them to withdraw their sponsorship.

If your Representative is not a co-sponsor: thank them for not signing on and ask them to work to stop this dangerous legislation from going forward.

Call your representative today!

12 comments:

nunya said...

Yeah whatever.

Iran tests missiles, heightening tension with West

Naj said...

Honey, sorry for not bending over!
Hurts your American bullyism?
Or your pocket at the gas station?
;)

Utah Savage said...

Done. I sign at least a couple of petetions a day from MoveOn and VoteVets. I call my congressmen almost every day.

nunya said...

Naj, Iran signed the no-proliferation treaty. Did you actually read the resolution?
110th CONGRESS
2d Session
H. CON. RES. 362


What kind of idiot calls their representative without reading the resolution?

Naj said...

Nunya honey, I am not quite sure what your problem is and why you have become the Bush Voice recently?!!

So did YOU actually read the resolution or just the few first paragraph of it?

This resolution is repetition of the SAME baseless war mongering propaganda by the Zionist lobby of the congress ... I hope you read the link I sent you earlier and you have familiarized yourself with WHO is actually threatening whom ...

But, I see a combination of MSM propaganda and your little beef with arrogant Persian neighbors of yours has given your 'liberal' judgement a bit of bias ... Hope you cure yourself from disillusionment that Iran is a military threat to anyone, and realize that all this is because Americans do not concede the 'power' in the middle east to the people of the middle east ... !

You want cheap gas for your 8 cylinder gas guzzlers? Go protest in front of Chevron :)

nunya said...

Ps, Naj, the last thing I want is war with Iran. Two of the Dr.s I've seen recently are from there and my neighbor and the kids are there visiting right now.
I don't think either of us are nuts, but I know damn well that the leadership of Iran, & the leadership of the US are freaking batshit crazy. Israel is a damn pain in the ass, and so is Iranian state sponsored terrorism

nunya said...

First of all, I don't have arrogant Persian neighbors. I LIKE my neighbors, and I sure as hell don't want them harmed while they are visiting relatives in Iran.

--------

What propaganda are YOU reading? The Dr.s I know don't read Persian papers, because of they are of the opinion that IT is propaganda.

I'd take the advice of a reform Rabbi a thousand times before I'd listen to some misogynistic, and stuck in the damn 13th century mullah who makes 13 yr-olds marry old men who already have wives that squirt out brats like the planet can accommodate more of the most desructive creature on the planet; humans.
-------

Pakistan an ally?

Bwaaaa ha haha hah hahaha. Yeah, like Saudi Arabia and their state sponsored Al-Qaida are friends with us. Most of the Middle East is run by religious nut-jobs who can't figure out how to pass out some birth control. 6.7 billion people on the planet and the dumbshits won't stop breeding:
Middle East Unemployment rates
It makes for a great recruiting tool for terrorists.

Stupidity irritates me, and people who value a culture of having many children, more than the reality of a growing population that is unsustainable are stupid.


I KNOW Chevron runs my country, I live here, and I don't drive an SUV. I didn't set up the public transportation system, the banking and regulatory systems, I didn't do the planning for the housing, and for God's sake, I would just as soon throttle my "representative" as continue to attempt to influence him. All I ever get is "mailbox unattended" or blown off on the phone.

Voting machines, dear, voting machines. How long have I been attempting to get it through to you that the American people don't elect these fuckers? Multi-national corporate campaign donors and computer programmers do.

This is NOT a democracy, it's a republic, run by the highest bidders.

I know you haven't done any homework on WHY only 30-40% of Americans even bother to vote, or you'd get off our butts about who is "elected."

Start here.

Then here.

You don't want to understand it. Why?

nunya said...

pss, besides, you're all worried about nothing-

Tomgram: Why Cheney Won't Take Down Iran

Reality Bites Back
Why the U.S. Won't Attack Iran
By Tom Engelhardt
posted July 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Naj said...

Nunya, I haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about :)

Just one thing:
The Iranian Mullahs are in fact the only religious figures of this world who have promoted birth control, and have set up clinics for sex-education, and distribution of free birth control devices: condoms and pills.

Anyways, I let you read and respond to yourself :))

Larry said...

I have called and also signed two petitions on this.

The weak knee congress needs to get some backbone.

Dave Dubya said...

naj,

Thanks for the info. This is the first I've heard of this insanity.

I am so sick of Reich Wing politicians and their corporate media mouthpieces always telling us that Iran is our enemy.

What did Iran ever do to the US?

If some bird-brain chirps something about the embassy hostages, then they need to educated of the long history of abuses and manipulations Iran suffered at the hands of the US and other western governments.

If they are too stupid to listen to more than one sentence, I would ask him whenever did an Iranian ship shoot down a US 747 full of innocent people.

Americans were never good at history, were they? It would explain why they allow their government to repeat the same mistakes.

billie said...

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/34793

thought you'd be interested