Thursday, May 13, 2010
The shocking executions have distracted attention from the following:
1) Mottaki hosted a dinner for the UN security council. "Western diplomats called it a rare move for a visiting dignitary such as Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki to host a dinner for all the council's 15 member nations.Western diplomats called it a rare move for a visiting dignitary such as Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki to host a dinner for all the council's 15 member nations."..."The occasion served as one of the highest-ranking contacts in recent years between the U.S. and Iran, which lack formal relations."
2) Iran's auditor General issued a damning report of the economic calamity of the Ahmadinejad Government. In summary: Government's handling of oil revenues is quite murky and several irregularities and fraud may have taken place. This report has boldened the parliament in launching loud attacks against the government
3) Hashemi, who has been silent in the past few months, and whose son is under an arrest warrant, has come out to condemn the politics of imprisonment, torture and intimidation--drawing direct parallels between the heroism of the jailed generation of today, and that of his; implying, more directly that before, that Khamenei is walking in the Shah's shoes!
4) Right after the execution of the innocent Kurds, Iran issued permission for the family of the three American hikers to visit their families!
5) and of course ... the Iranians are nto silent about the execusions ... I don't know what politics motivated these criminal killings; but I strongly sense this was a provocation ... someone could be aiming to ride the tide of the genuine emotions this has stirred ... Mousavi and Karoubi have expressed grief, but have not used this tragedy to stirr emotions. If anything, Mousavi's reiterated that he remains committed to peaceful opposition.
But, I am suspicious of Hashemi; and of Larijanis ... Larijani's has been kissing the IRGC's ass recently and Hashemi's web page http://www.hashemirafsanjani.ir/ is scrolling through a few "provocative" memoirs of his; opening the "election fraud" book again! It appears to me, that some "opposition" is growing from within the system--this opposition knows that they too are hated by the people; so are they trying to pull the rug from under Ahmadinejad in collusion with his cronies? This second coup d'etat will not be in favour of the greens either.
I am watching, eyes wide open!
Posted by Naj