- The regime that announced a public mourning for tearing the picture of Khomeini on video also ATTACKed the home of Khomeini where President Khatami was delivering a Tasou'a sermon.
- The regime who claims leadership of the Shiite cause also opened fire and unleashed batons and tear gas on the citizens of the Shiite country--a deed that has been carefully avoided by the most tyrannical of Iran's rulers who have been fully aware of the sanctity of "moharram", a month in which violence is forbidden (inherited by Muslims from prophet Abraham's times.)
- The same regime whose Basiji's consider "Seyed" Ali Khamenei the representative of God on earth on the credit of his "Seyed-ness" (i.e descendent of Imam Ali & Prophet Mohammad) also assassinates Mousavi's nephew, a "seyed" himself.
- The regime operators has targeted which people to hit yesterday: relatives and children of reformists (Moin, Mousavi, Abdollah Nouri) seem to have been singled out.
- They have now arrested many of the voices of reason, promoters of PEACEFUL protest; and they are setting the stage for arresting Khatami, Karoubi and Mousavi.
It is best if a government that is religious-centric and a people who believe in peaceful protest to claim its rights do not confront each other in such provocable ground [Ashura]. Furthermore, a civil movement that is peaceful and stems from a modernist discourse that encompasses modern human right issues do not get entangled in the historical mythology of Imam Hossein and Yazid as it will lose its modern objective. In a turmoiled historical context that is intertwined with self-flagellation, how can a movement chant against violence but beat himself in protest to oppressor? This is an oxymoron!
Once, the previous generation tried to buy happiness by slogans and by bonfires, but it didn't find heaven. Is today's generation, generation of lucidity, genration of media, generation of water and Green, supposed to cross the same road? To tell the truth, I am worried.
We know that the government is imposing this violence on people, in order to push the movement towards radicalism in order to oppress it. But, if we base ourselves on violence, this regime will not hesitate to kill one million people to keep itself.
We have to categorize our demands according to our abilities. If we have a problem with Mr Khamenei and the leadership of the country, which we do, it is not in our advantage to pull him into the battle field and chant slogans against him. What we HAVE to do, is to use any tool: advertisement, publicity, writing, publishing documents and proof that Ahmadinejad is Iran's peril. His presence equates to destruction of Iran! Does Mr Khamenei want the destiny of a person who defends this man? Because the truth is Ahmadinejad will not stop at Mr Khamenei. He has grand plans for himself and for Iran. He wants to emerge as the lieutenant of Imam Zaman. He will turn not only against Mr Khamenei but against the whole clerical establishment. This is the position from which we have to dialogue with Mr Khamenei.
Post script: as I am finishing this note; new arrests are made. see earlier post for the growing! list ...