Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mohammad-Ali Moalem Damghani: Sha'ere Kharaky (Donkey poet) replaces Mousavi at the helm of Art Academy

I decided to google who this dude who is appointed to the presidency of the Art Academy (whose founder, Architect and painter Mousavi was sacked today, after Ahmadinejad made a rush trip from Shiraz--where he was coldly greeted). and I came across this website whose snapshot I provide below!
Forgive me my non-persian visitors; there is no way on the face of this planet I would spend a millisecond translating any of this; but take my word, and show it to your Persian speaking friends and watch them gag on banality of the stuff this "so-called" poet puts out there! Yuck!
We call this kind of a poetry: She're Kharaki [Donkeyish Poem].

2 comments:

Arash said...

Given that the Islamic Republic has spent the past 30 years stamping out Iranian creativity and the Arts scene this appointment seems oddly appropriate. Still, yay for the Cultural Revolution, we wouldn't want any evil Western influences in Iran :)

Arash

Anon-Paranoid said...

Naj...

May you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

May your holiday season be filled with untold blessings and riches in all that you do.

God Bless.