Sunday, May 24, 2009

Iranian Election!

Iran's upcoming presidential election has four contenders:

Mahmoud Ahmadiejad (see pictures of his "Iran" campaign!)
Mohsen Rezaee (the ultimate crook!)
Mir Hossein Mousavi (see pictures of his green campaign)
Mahdi Karrubi (see a Newsweek interview with him)

I dislike them ALL!

But, to invigorate hope in Iran's really desperate youth, and to help bring more average Iranians to the political sphere, I will get behind  Mir Hossein Mousavi.

I doubt his effectiveness, but Ahmadinejad's gone too far in his deceptive internal policies; and too far in his international circus act. He needs to go!

I am pleased that Ali Larijani's re-elected as the house speaker. I wish he ran for presidency. 

4 comments:

Pedestrian said...

I'm not even going to argue why I'm not voting for Ahmadinejad.

Rezaie bought a $4 million dollar villa from my friend's father. (not really a friend, an acquaintance! I don't have those kinds of friends ;-) ) In what sort of a place can a man of that level buy a luxury home for that amount and go completely unnoticed?

Karoubi's wife is a crook (he may be too, I just don't know it) and again, I don't know why no one is talking about it.

I don't know much about Mir Hossein, but exactly because I don't know too much, he's the only one I can think of voting for. But in general, their financial dealings seem to be less obscure.

I may be totally wrong about this.

Pedestrian said...

By the way Naj, speaking of Larijani, his brother is going to be head of the judiciary soon. Do you know anything about him? Should I be (a little) happy?

Anonymous said...

It is a mistake to try the already tried.

I think Dr. Ahmadinejad is still the best candidate.

He is humble, hard-working, brave, determined, and not corrupt.

He has done as well as it could be expected under the present cirucmstance.

He is a true follower of Imam Khomeini and a Revolutionary Religious man.

Since the assasination of Imam Ali no Muslim like him has been in an executive position.

Ya Qaem Ale Muhammad

pen Name

Anonymous said...

Since US voted for a change (Good or Bad...in our case bad.) What is Obama prepared to do to support the change in Iran.

To the Iranian People: The commom people of the US stand united with you for the changes you seek. Again..good or bad, the change and the freedom to change is what we all yearn for so stand fast with your cause. The US has lost many good people fighting for the very thing you seek. Be proud.