Coup d'etat is entering new phase:
- The offices of fact-finding committees (the committee of defending the prisoner's right; and the office of Karoubi's party where evidence of prison rapes were being gathered) have been raided and plumbed; all evidence and documents gathered over the past few months removed and the heads of these committees were arrested today or yesterday. The two most high profile arrests are of Morteza Alviri and Alireza Beheshti.
- Individuals associated with reformist movement are prevented from leaving the country.
- Journalists who had signed a statement condemning recent crackdowns are summoned to courts.
- The last of the reformist news papers are given warning to "stop spreading facts".
- Members of parliament have sent Ahmadinejad a written warning to "stop wasting country's assets and breaking the law--i.e. ignoring parliamentary vote--regarding importing gas from Venezuela!"
- Rumors are circulating that Mousavi and Karoubi are on the list of next arrests, to nip the wings of "chaos" as Mr Ahmaghinejad calls the MESS he has made of the country!