Monday, July 20, 2009

From Archives of Neoresistance: on fascism.

In September 2007, when America was nervously anticipating fascist actions of Bush/Cheney Co. I made this post

Interestingly, the current IRI regime aces all these 10 items of fascism prerequisits:
1. Invoking an external and internal threat
2. Establishing secret prisons
3. Developing a paramilitary force
4. Surveiling ordinary citizens
5. Infiltrating citizens' groups
6. Arbitrarily detaining and releasing citizens
7. Targeting key individuals
8. Restricting the press
9. Casting criticism as "espionage" and dissent as "treason"
10. Subverting the rule of law (while accusing the opposition of 'imaginary' crimes!)



I remembered this post when I came across this Persian Blog that was citing an essay by Lawrence Britt.

1 comment:

nunya said...

Trita Parsi
Posted: July 20, 2009 10:49 AM
Let Me Introduce You to One of the People Imprisoned in Iran

I have no idea who the person is, I just thought you might like a little distraction and to know that Iran is not being forgotten by people in the US.

Hang in there sweetie.

this article title cracked me up, it's exactly how I feel:
Can We Stop Being a Superpower, Please?