The following individuals (hypelink to their contributions to the world of art and intellect provided) are going on hunger strike between 22 to 24 July in front of the UN building in New York. They intend to have the voice of the long-suffering Iranian people to be heard. They ask the responsible members of the world community to demand the release of all political prisoners. Considering the alarming condition of the recent detainees, with their health and even lives in jeopardy, They demand they be visited by representatives of the General Secretary of the UN and immediately freed.
In addition, They the undersigned call on all Iranians living in the United States and people of conscience to join this protest, meeting on the above-mentioned dates in front of the UN to declare their solidarity with Iranian people’s Green Movement during these dangerous and crucial days.
- Akbar Ganji,
- Fatemeh Haqiqatjoo, (previous member of Iran's parliament. she was tried by Ghazi Mortazavi on charges of 'liberalism'!!!)
- Mehrangiz Kar,
- Abdol-Ali Bazargan, (architect and member of Mosaddegh's Nationalist movement. His father served as the interim prime minister of Khomeini in 1979-80)
- Hamid Dabashi, Professor of Columbia U. DEscribed by some as the next Edward Saeed.
- Mansour Farhang, Iran's post-revolution ambassador to the UN.
- Mostafa Rokhsefat, Former Founding Editor of Kayhan Farhangi
- Majid Mohammadi,
- Arash Naraghi, Assistant professor of Philosophy and Religion, Moravian College
- Ahmad Sadri, Professor of sociology and anthropology.
- Mahmoud Sadri, Assisatnt professior of sociology, Dallas, TX
- Hossein Bashiriyeh,
- Ali Reza’i,
- Kazem Alamdari, Assistant Professor of Sociology at California State University in Los Angeles
- Ali Banuazizi,
- Mohammad Borghei, (Anthropologist?)
- Reza Fani-Yazdi,
- Nehzat Farnoody, (Clinical psychologist)
- Nader Hashemi,
- Abdee Kalantari, (Editor of Nigoon, a Persian online magazine)
- Hossein Kamali,
- Ahmad Karimi Hakkak,
- Mehrdad Mashayekhi,
- Ali Mirsepassi,(NYU Provost)
- Ebrahim Soltani,
- Nayereh Tohidi,
- Shireen Neshat
- (and I think Noam Chomsky)
To express support:
(720) 317 1016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following have already expressed support:
Abdolkarim Soroush, Mohsen Makkmalbaf, Hassan Yousefi Eshkevari, Moussavi Khoeiniha, Ervand Abrahamian, Janet Afary, Taher Ahmadzadeh, Mehrzad Boroujerdi, Mohsen Ghaemmagham, Ali Keshtegar, Reza Moini, Mohammad Reza Nikfar, Shahrnoush Parsipour, Ali Qodsi, Masoumeh Shafiee, Shayla Vahdaty